The Peninsula is a beautiful and well-appointed 820 acre neighborhood that is tucked away and bordered by the Bon Secour National Wildlife Preserve. Although the subdivision is fairly large, the design is sprawling through a park-like setting of mature trees and lies along an impressive championship golf course.
The Peninsula is a premier gated community that features 27 holes of championship golf, top of the line racquet and fitness club, 400 acre natural preserve, and a mile long beach along Bon Secour Bay. This community is perfect those who want to live in Gulf Shores full time or have an inviting second home retreat.
The Peninsula is located off of Fort Morgan Rd (Hwy 180) about 5 miles west of Hwy 59. Here, you’re far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Gulf Shores yet just a few miles away from the grocery store, shops, and the beach. Here are some important places to go and their distances to the front of the neighborhood:
- Rouse’s Market – 5.3 miles
- Walmart – 5.7 miles
- Target – 8.2 miles
- The Beach – 6.6 miles
- The Wharf – 10.1 miles
- Tanger Outlets – 13.4 miles
- OWA – 14.6 miles
Homes in The Peninsula
The Peninsula is separated into 6 sub-divided neighborhoods with single family homes that include The Lakes, Baywalk, The Preserve, The Boulevard, The Haven, and The Retreat. There are also 3 condo communities in The Peninsula: The Racquet Club, The Links, and The Links Golf Villas.
On this website, you’ll simply search for homes in The Peninsula under that name (don’t search for the smaller sub-divided names). In total, there are 265 homes, 114 lots, and 54 condos that comprise The Peninsula.
View the master plan and enlarged map for The Peninsula here.
Homes have been built nearly every year in this community for the last 25 years and there is still new construction available even now. You will find homes:
- with 3, 4, and 5 bedrooms
- between 1,600 and 5,000 square feet
- in a variety of styles
- between $300,000 and $2,000,000
Here are statistics from recent sales in The Peninsula for single family homes:
- Most expensive – $937,500
- Least expensive – $285,000
- Average square feet – 2,786
- Average list price – $463,444
- Average selling price – $449,528
- Price per square foot – $161
Go here to see all homes that are for sale in The Peninsula.
Condos in The Peninsula
The Racquet Club, The Links, and The Links Golf Villas are the three condo communities in the neighborhood. Here’s a snapshot of what you will find in these complexes:
- 2 and 3 bedrooms
- Between 1,260 and 1,879 square feet
- Average selling price – $244,461
- Price per square foot – $140
Home owners in The Peninsula will enjoy an abundance of natural and resort style amenities that are exclusive to this neighborhood.
- 400 acres of natural preserves with walking trails
- 1 mile long private beach with a 350 foot pier overlooking Bon Secour Bay
- 27 hole championship golf course designed by Earl Stone
- 30 lakes
- 10,000 square foot putting green
- 8 tennis courts (hydro court surfaced)
- Golf and tennis pro shops
- State of the art fitness center
- Indoor and Outdoor pools
- Club privileges at The Beach Club in Gulf Shores
Schools for The Peninsula
Shopping, Restaurants, & Things to Do
Important Websites for Gulf Shores
- City of Gulf Shores
- Gulf Shores Schools
- Coastal Alabama Chamber of Commerce
- Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism
- Tanger Outlets
- Gulf Shores Weather
Gulf Shores Community Facts
Thank you for taking the time to read “All About The Peninsula”! If you want to learn more about a particular property here or would like a private tour, please reach out to me. As your Gulf Shores Realtor, I can get you anything that you need for your next purchase. For sellers, let me show you what will make your listing stand out.