For the purposes of this article, winter is from December 1st to February 28th.
Daphne is not only a beautiful city but it’s one of the fastest growing in the state. If you live in Daphne you already know that low real estate prices, its location within the county, and amenities continue to draw people into the community. That’s why I wanted to share with you the best neighborhoods in Daphne for the winter of 2017 and 2018.
During the winter months (the off season), there were 155 closings in residential real estate in just Daphne. Yes, you read it right. This isn’t some huge metropolitan area like Atlanta or Houston. Daphne experienced nearly 1 closing a day, every day for the winter months of the year. Over $38,000,000 worth of property was sold during a time when you would think the real estate market would be somewhat quiet.
The Best and Most Popular Neighborhoods in Daphne – Winter 2017/2018
Daphne is continuing to go through a growth spurt in not only existing homes but also new construction. You’ll find homes have sold in all different price ranges and style from Craftsman to Bay Front Estates. Home buyers just love the idea of living in Daphne.
I believe that what makes a neighborhood the best is based on how popular the neighborhood is. This really comes down to price, location, and amenities. Home buyers determine not only home value but they also determine what neighborhoods are the most popular (the best).
Based on where the most buyers have chosen to purchase during the winter months, these are my picks for the best neighborhoods in Daphne (in alphabetical order):
- Bay Branch Estates – This is an established neighborhood off of Hwy 90 near Spanish Fort. It’s close to Interstate 10 and a ton of shopping. Bay Branch Estates sold 3 homes during the winter with an average sales price of $204,800.
- Bay Branch Villas – Here you will find modest sized homes priced at around $96 a foot. 3 homes sold in Bay Branch Villas.
- Bellaton – Bellaton continues to be near the top of the best neighborhoods list every season. 9 homes sold this winter with an average sales price of $253,782 and a price per foot of $125.
- Caroline Woods – This neighborhood is a hot market off of Whispering Pines Rd near the YMCA. You’ll find homes that are just a few years old as well as brand new construction. 7 homes sold here.
- Dunmore – Dunmore ranks second on the list for homes sold this winter. 12 homes were sold. The average selling price was $241,233 with an average price per square foot of $105.
- French Settlement – French Settlement has a look that sets itself apart from every other neighborhood in Daphne. 6 homes sold over the winter with an average of 2,300 square feet at $128 a foot.
- Historic Malbis – This neighborhood is one of the most unique in the area. You’ll find large and small homes with side loading garages and back alleys. 3 homes were sold at an average of $236,633 and $120 per square foot.
- Lake Forest – This subdivision is the largest in the state so it’s no wonder that they top the charts as the most popular in Daphne. 30 homes sold over the winter months. You’ll find many different floor plans, prices, and styles.
- Timbercreek – Timbercreek is one of the most attractive neighborhoods in Baldwin County and has the backdrop of a beautiful golf course. 12 homes sold from December through the end of February with an average sales price of $365,109.
- Old Daphne – This neighborhood is situated between old downtown Daphne and Mobile Bay. You’ll find homes with a lot of style and wooded lots. 4 homes sold here.
So there you have it, the most best and most popular neighborhoods in Daphne! Visit the above links to find more information about the subdivision and to see all homes that are for sale in that neighborhood.
Contact me for more information or if you would like to see any of these homes in person.
IXL Real Estate – Eastern Shore