With only a little over 8,000 residents, Spanish Fort isn’t the largest but is one of the fastest growing cities in Baldwin County. For the Fall Season (Sept 1st – Nov 30th 2017) there were a 104 homes that sold totaling $27,687,611 in real estate revenue. That’s over 1 closing per day, everyday! The average selling price was $266,277 and there were an average of 108 days on the market.
See how Spanish Fort stacks up against other cities in the Monthly Baldwin County Real Estate Report.
The Best and Most Popular Neighborhoods in Spanish Fort – Fall 2017
I believe there are 2 main reasons for this growth. First the school system is ranked as one of the top in the area. Both Spanish Fort High School and middle school are known for there graduation rates and quality of education. Rockwell Elementary is the top elementary school in the county. Secondly, Spanish Fort’s location is ideal for those who work in Mobile but want to live on the Eastern Shore. Plus, you’re next door to the activities of Daphne and Fairhope, while being only 50 minutes to the Gulf beaches.
So what qualifies a neighborhood to be included in the “Best of” list?
You have to consider the neighborhood’s popularity, which includes how many people were drawn to buy a home there based on prices, style/quality of homes, and amenities. So I’ve done the research and found the best of the best. Here are my picks for the best neighborhoods in Spanish Fort.
- Audubon – Homes typically range from 3,000 to 4,000 square feet and sit on over-sized lots. The neighborhood is located just a mile from Spanish Fort High School. The average price per square foot is $120.
- Cambron – You’ll find Craftsman and Traditional styles in this neighborhood located off of Route 31. 3,000 square foot homes are selling for around $105 per foot.
- Churchill – A fast growing neighborhood with 12 sales over the fall. Although the subdivision is about 10 years old, there are still a lot of new construction homes that are available. The average home that sold was app. 2,000 square feet at $117 per foot.
- Grace Magnolias – Located off Route 31, Grace Magnolias offer brand new and fairly new homes at $112 per foot.
- Highland Park – This subdivision offers Acadian and Creole style homes at $128 per square foot, very close to Spanish Fort schools.
- Savannah Woods – 8 homes sold over the fall in Savannah Woods. You’ll find new construction here at around $116 per foot.
- Spanish Fort Estates – This is a large neighborhood with many different styles of homes and price tags. 7 homes sold this fall ranging in price from $218,000 to $340,000.
- Stone Brook – Located close to Spanish Fort schools, Stone Brook offers new construction for about $112 per square foot.
- Stonebridge – Stonebridge tops the list as the most popular neighborhood in Spanish Fort with 15 homes sold during the Fall. The average sold home was 2,400 square feet at $114 per foot.
- Timbercreek – This is probably the most wellknown neighborhood in Spanish Fort and Daphne (Timbercreek sits across 2 cities). 7 homes sold ranging in price from $246,000 to $426,000 with an average square footage of 2,900.
As you can see, the real estate market in Spanish Fort has been busy. Thanks for reading about the best and most popular neighborhoods in Spanish Fort. If you’re interested in any of these homes, please get in touch with me.