Growth in Daphne has really blossomed over the last 10 years. Great schools, easy access to Interstate 10, low crime rate, and the availability of outdoor activities has made Daphne ripe for development. If you live in Daphne, you already know that there is an atmosphere of friendliness here and a great place to raise a family.
This city is growing with an impressive 296 sold homes from just May 1st through the end of July 2019. That’s over 3 closings per day, everyday of the month. Real estate sales topped over $75,000,000 during this period with an average of 73 days on the market.
The Best and Most Popular Neighborhoods in Daphne – Updated July 2019
Daphne is going through a growth stage for sure with brand new neighborhoods being developed and resales going through the roof. The architectural mix of the city includes Craftsman and Traditional style homes as well as cottages and bay front estates.
How do you determine what Daphne neighborhood is the best?
You have to look at history. Many buyers have been studying home listings and neighborhoods for months before making the move on a property so I think you should measure a neighborhood based on its popularity. After doing a little research I found the following neighborhoods in Daphne to be the most popular due to pricing, location, and amenities.
- Bay Branch Estates – An established neighborhood with homes built starting in the mid 90’s. It’s located just a few miles from the Eastern Shore Centre and has homes in the low to mid $200k’s.
- Bellaton – This subdivision is a top producer with 12 homes selling over the Fall season. The average home was 2,221 square feet selling at $122 per foot.
- Brookhaven – A popular neighborhood with brand new and fairly new homes for sale. This area is conveniently located near the YMCA and Trione Park for those who are active.
- Canaan Place – This is an attractive subdivision boasting homes with French Country and Craftsman styles. Prices range from $230,000 to $300,000.
- Caroline Woods – You’ll find a lot of new contruction homes here at a price per square foot of around $114. Caroline Woods is located off of Whispering Pines Road and close to shopping and the YMCA.
- Dunmore – 11 homes sold in the Fall here. Dunmore is located off of Route 181 and offers homes ranging from $210,000 to $300,000.
- French Settlement – A nice looking neighborhood with home styles that are a little different than others in Daphne. The average price per square foot is $122.
- Historic Malbis – Historic Malbis is a unique subdivision with varying home styles and prices, located near tons of shopping and restaurants. Prices range from $175,000 to $325,000.
- Lake Forest – This is the largest neighborhood in the state of Alabama actually. You’ll find a ton of different styles and prices in a very wooded community surrounding Lake Forest Golf Course.
- Retreat at Tiawasee – Here is a popular community offering new construction homes for around $135 per foot.
- Sehoy – Sehoy is located near Daphne schools with existing homes ranging in price from $230,000 to $330,000.
- Timbercreek – This neighborhood made the Best Neighborhoods in Spanish Fort list as well because it spreads out over 2 cities. Beautiful neighborhood overlooking a championship golf course.
You can click on any of the area links above to get more information about the neighborhood as well as see all active listings for the community.
Well, there you have it, the best and most popular neighborhoods in Daphne during the summer of 2019. For more information or to see any of these properties in person, please get in touch with me.
All Daphne Single Family Homes for Sale by Price