For the last several years Foley has been going through an explosion in growth but yet home prices are still some of the lowest in Baldwin County. The reasons for the growth may be due its proximity to the Gulf beaches but the fact remains, homes are being purchased by the droves.
To give you an idea, take a look at the real estate data from the last Fall season (Sept 1st to Nov 30). Overall, there were 185 homes that sold in Foley producing real estate revenue of nearly $36,000,000. Wow! That’s over 2 closings per day, every day of the week. The average selling price was $193,012 with an average of 87 days on the market.
See how Foley’s number compare to other cities in the Monthly Baldwin County Real Estate Report.
The Best and Most Popular Neighborhoods in Foley – Fall 2017
A lot of areas have their own “Best of” lists for various different categories but I’ve never seen an award for neighborhoods. I’ve always thought that the best way to gauge a neighborhood is by researching how many people are drawn to it. How many sales are in the community? How many days on average did homes sit on the market? Well, I’ve done that for you here. Below you will find my picks for the best neighborhoods in Foley based on popularity from the beginning of September to the end of November.
- Ashford Park – Located in central Foley, near Tanger Outlets. Homes are priced at around $94 per square foot.
- Cottages on the Greene – 7 new construction homes sold here over the past 3 months ranging from $200,000 to $210,000. The neighborhood offers a saltwater pool, clubhouse, and 18 acres of green space.
- Crown Walk – A popular neighborhood in Foley with homes from $175,000 to $205,000 at around $108 per square foot.
- Glenlakes – Here’s a clean, family-friendly community that offers both new construction homes as well as resales. There are many different floor plans and price points in Glenlakes giving buyers many options to choose from.
- Hidden Lakes – Hidden Lakes is yet another new home community in Foley where you can buy new at an affordable price. Homes are sold at an average of $97 per square foot.
- Lakeview Estates – This neighborhood is part of the larger Glenlakes community and is surrounded by the Glenlakes Golf Course. You’ll find homes from around to $180,000 to $240,000.
- Liveoak Village – Here you have the only 55+ community for single family homes in the county. The neighborhood offers some great amenities and home prices from $170,000 to $250,000.
- Magnolia Place – You’ll find smaller, all brick homes that are new and fairly new here that are priced at about $95 per square foot.
- Parish Lakes – New construction with homes between 2,000 – 3,000 square feet. 6 homes were sold during the Fall.
- Pebble Creek – Fairly new homes located near lots of shopping. Homes are being sold from the low to mid $200k’s.
- Sherwood – 11 brand new homes sold in the Fall here at an average of $115 per square foot.
- Waterford – Nice subdivision with 9 homes selling from September through November. Homes selling in the high $190k’s.
- Woodmont – 8 homes sold between 1,800 and 2,300 square feet, priced at around $100 per foot.
By clicking on any of the links above you’ll see additional details on the neighborhood and all active listings for that community.
See all neighborhoods in Foley here.
As you can see, the Foley real estate market is on fire and many of the homes are between $200,000 and $250,000. Thank you for reading about the Best Neighborhoods in Foley – Fall 2017. I’d love to work with you if you’re considering buying or selling a home in Foley. Please get in touch with me at:
IXL Real Estate – Eastern Shore